Tuesday, December 1, 2009

2010 Mazda 6

2010 Mazda 6
Mazda sales are up this year. Industry analysts would probably say that Mazda sales have stabilized, unlike some competitors. Sales have stabilized because of an emphasis on engineering, quality control, and attention to detail. These marks make up the ingredients for a successful recipe in manufacturing success.

The Mazda 6 has a potent 170 HP 2.5 liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine that propels the vehicle, utilizing variable valves timing to both optimize performance and deliver impressive fuel efficiency. The in-town mpg averages 21, and 30 on the highway. I only put about 600 miles on my Mazda 6 test vehicle, but I averaged around 25 mpg in the city.

The vehicle came with a power moon roof, stereo system, alloy wheels, tire pressure monitor, power doors and windows, and Blue Tooth audio and phone. These are just a few of the standard features.

The absolute best feature was the blind spot monitoring system. It is an innovative radar-based driver warning system that is standard equipment. Rear facing sensors detect a vehicle (or other object) within the driver’s left or right blind spot. The system calculates its relative speed and distance, then warns the driver. A mirror light appears in the appropriate side mirror to visually warn the driver of an approaching vehicle or object. If the driver signals a lane change, the warning light also blinks, and a cabin warning chime sounds for an approaching vehicle.

I was stopped in the center lane behind two cars waiting at the red light. Deciding to move into the right hand turn lane, I gave a signal, checked to my right to see if someone was coming, when suddenly the warning light and sound came on. I hesitated, when suddenly a guy on a bicycle whizzed by. I never saw him until he had passed me. Without the monitoring system I could have hit the cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment